Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Day of Blessings and Some Challenges

Jon and I have seen so many blessings these past few days.  Yesterday I went to the post office to get a money order for our child abuse clearances.  I have to say--I don't always have cash on me.  I had just cleaned so I had taken my check to the bank and got $20 in cash back.  I thought enough for the money order.  Well the last time I went for a money order it was like 50 cents.  It was $1.10.  It has more than doubled.  Well I ended up being short 60 cents.  The clerk at the post office just winked and said I printed it anyway.  Don't worry about it.  I know you will pay it another time.  So off I went with my money order.  Today Jon had a doctors appointment because he had ended up getting new hearing aids.  We were planning on paying about $1200.00 for them.  When he went in today the woman he met with said that he is only responsible for $500.  We are in the midst of preparing for our home study by obtaining lots of legal documents.  I have mentioned before that we are not sure where all of the money is going to come from for the adoption.  Through these past few days, we can already see that God is lining up some funds for us to be able to use towards our home study.  He is controlling the scenes that is for sure. 


Tonight however was a little challenging.  Jon had worked a long day.  I had the girls and tried to attempt doing some errands.  Audyn had gotten sick in the car and I had that to clean up when we got back.  She also wasn't feeling good so I was giving her some extra cuddles today.  I think that Satan really tries to attack when things are going well.  On all aspects of our lives.  Our marriage and our family.  Satan for sure does not enjoy seeing that God's glory is being seen.  I had a talk with my mother in law.  She said that Satan is like a lion right around the bush or the corner ready to attack especially when things are going well and we are obeying God's calling.  She said I really need to focus on God and all of the good things that have been going on and most of all have Grace.  After our discussion I sat down at my computer and I received a devotional and you will never believe what it said.  It had recapped everything I had just talked about with my mother in law.  I will include a copy here from the Daily Devotional from Love Worth Finding Ministries with Adrian Rogers:


Be Vigilant - You Have An Enemy
BIBLE MEDITATION:

 “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.” 1 Peter 5:8
DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Your adversary the devil is prowling about like a roaring lion. Don’t underestimate his power.
Satan is an enemy you need to respect like an electrician who has respect for the wires that carry deadly voltage. He knows where the insulation is and he knows how to handle electricity. If an electrician loses his respect for this power, he is going to be in serious trouble.
ACTION POINT:
Everything may be going great for you right now. You’ve got money in the bank, a good job, good health. You’re dancing through the forest and picking wildflowers. But behind a bush is a lion so deadly, he can pounce on you and swallow you whole. You’ve got to be vigilant.

No comments:

Post a Comment