Last July, before we brought Piper home, I was in my house and I prayed to God. I prayed and told him that we do not even have our daughter home yet, but I would be willing to adopt again and reuse our paperwork if that was part of his plan for us. The one thing that was hindering us was my husbands income. We were just at the max of what Ch*na requires. I told God that there was nothing that I could do about that. I prayed and let it be in his hands. A month later, my husband was called into his managers office. They were changing his position and giving him a decrease in pay. With my cleaning one day a week, we were still making what he had been only I needed to clean. Where as before this money faithfully went into the adoption account. He called me and I was upset but I had a peace that I just cannot explain. A few days later, he received a call from a guy he had worked with years ago. He told him he had heard what had happened and that there was a position open at his work with exactly what he does. Jon got his resume together and sent his application in. While this was all going on, we were waiting for the final travel approval and steps of our adoption to be able to get the green flag to get on the plane to get Piper. We had delay after delay. I was so ready to get on the plane and get to Piper but I had to embrace the delays anyway, even though it was hard. God had every bit of the delays as part of his plan. Every delay we had it was for a phone interview, or a call that came in for an interview. Jon was interviewing both Monday and Tuesday before we left for Ch*na last September. They told him not to worry and to check back in when we got back from Ch*na. When we got back, Jon checked in and they arranged for another interview. He then received an e-mail saying he was going to get an offer. We waited for a week for the offer to come through. I will never forget when he opened up the e-mail with the offer. It was EXACTLY what we needed to adopt again. I was completely speechless!! I didn't know what to say but I knew what that meant. I knew he had opened the first door for us. O how God knows what we need and when we need it. I firmly believe God moves mountains and has a special place in his heart for orphans. Time has passed and Jon has been with his new company for 10 months now.
Jon and I are trusting and praying. We ask that you join in and pray for us during the pursuit of this adoption. At this point we feel we are going to adopt a boy with special needs. We are also not quite sure of the age yet. We are praying and waiting for God to reveal this to us. We are going to act on faith and let God put that special one in our paths. He already knows who our child is. It is hard to fathom that.
Our dossier went off to China this past Friday, which means we are officially DTC as of 8/30/13!! This means that our agency can start looking for a child for us. It’s hard to imagine that our child is alive and in an orphanage in China waiting for us. It’s hard to believe that we are doing this again. Please pray for our family as we wait to see what the next chapter of our life is. We will keep you posted as we continue our journey.
"Once our eyes are opened, we cannot pretend we don't know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows what we know, and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12