Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Wait

The wait for Piper what does it mean??  Well it means plain and simple that Gods timing is perfect and it’s not time yet.  As I reflect there are many times in life where the wait was hard, the anticipation of not knowing when.  So many times we wonder why??  Why not now, or why did things turn out this way.  I guess this is why we are not God.  God is a master piece and knows how to weave and thread the stitches of our lives to shape us into an image of him.  Faith, Ooooo you bet as we grow and walk this journey of life our faith is tested.  We go through struggles, we go through joys, we question God, and we often turn away from him. 

For those of you who do not know I am hearing impaired.  I have worn two hearing aids since the age of 4.  One day I was playing in a sand box with my back turned away from my parents.  They came up behind me and called my name.  I did not respond.  They brought me inside the house and did some tests with me to see if I could hear them.  It was then they learned of my special need.  My father and mother raised me to believe I could do anything even though I had a special need. It was a hard road at times for them and myself.  In the beginning I was in first grade and the principal of the private school I attended told my father your son will always struggle in school.  He will continue to fall farther and farther behind academically.  What does a parent do when they are confronted with these difficult situations??  What happened next??  My mother and father BELIEVED in me!! They believed I could do it.  My father walked away from that meeting with a promise to God.  His promise was that he was going to do everything possible to make sure I succeeded in life.  He was going to help me with my studies and make sure I had a fair shot at life.  My life went on…  My parents spent many nights tutoring me and helping me with my studies.  I spent my entire elementary years in speech therapy and my junior high school years being tutored.  Well it paid off.  I graduated from high school and then went on and graduated from college.

Why am I telling you this??  Jenn and I have now reached a point in our lives that we can believe in someone.  Someone that is going to have a special need.  Someone that will need us to believe in her and give her the best shot at life.  I believe whole heartedly that this little girl is going to be very special.  I pray that she will someday tell her story and those around her will know how special she is.  I pray that the special need will be defeated and she can stand and say my parents believed in me when others did not.  

Piper has a family that is waiting for her.  We are waiting to love her and care for her.  We started the adoption process back in August.  We trusted God had plans for our adoption and knew there was a special girl waiting for us.  Our hearts yearn for her as we pray and wait till the day where we meet our daughter. 

The wait…  It’s hard to wait knowing that our daughter needs us.  It’s hard to wait when you are just anxious to see a picture of her and know who she is.  It’s hard to wait when you just want to hold her and tell her its okay mama and baba are here for you.  It’s hard to wait knowing that some nights she may cry herself to sleep not knowing where she is or where her mama is.  It’s hard to wait when your heart is torn because you know your daughter is hours away and needs you.  The wait can be hard.  It can be grueling but we know it’s temporary.  God’s timing is perfect.  It’s hard to understand it when you are in the middle of the storm waiting to see the sunshine.  It’s hard to understand it when we have the “WHY” question.  Why not now.  Then we remind ourselves that God’s timing is perfect.  He threads and stitches our lives and molds us into his image.  The question becomes do you trust him?  Do you have faith in him?  Then wait and he will drive you through the storm and deliver the most perfect sunrise you could ever see.   

Psalm 37:7
Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act. Don't worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.

Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.

1 comment:

  1. So well written! He does know the perfect timing and it WILL COME!! Can't wait for you all!

    Please know that we are praying for you and waiting with you in a different phase of this process for our sweet Emmalin!

    We can't wait to see she and Piper playing together and be WAITING NO MORE!

    He will sustain us and see us through!

    Love you guys!
    The May gang :)

    ReplyDelete