Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Our First Christmas Together!!

Today is a day I dreamed of since we started our adoption--being together as family.  ALL together.  Last Christmas, I woke up and I was excited to celebrate Christmas with my girls but I just felt a piece was missing.  We still hadn't seen the picture of our daughter but I knew our daughter was out there..somewhere.  Somewhere in an orphanage without a family.  We did not know the care she was receiving or what the conditions were like where she was.  My heart ached for her.  Was she lonely, scared, neglected etc?  We had prayed continuously for her that God would protect her and that she would be with caretakers who would be giving her love and the care she needed.  Well, this year my Christmas gift was being together with my daughter.  She is no longer an ORPHAN and without a FAMILY.  She was with her family and VERY loved and adored.  She is one amazing little girl!!!  We are truly blessed to have her as part of our family.  She has helped us see things in a different light.  She has changed us forever and I don't know that she will ever really know how she has changed us.  She has been a gift for us.  I am truly thankful that God led us to her.  I cannot imagine my life without her.  She has made me want to be a different person.  Much more giving.  Sacrificing.  Realizing that I have all that I need.  To have less and be able to give more means more to me than anything.  I want to be a servant of God and really follow his lead on my life.  Really live to have a purpose.  Going through our adoption and having her join our family has made me want to be different.  Some people may not understand or agree.  I am choosing to live my life and have a purpose.  Seeing our other daughters and how going through this journey has made them see things in a different light too.  This all has been a gift!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!  Enjoy some pictures of our 1st Christmas Together

























No comments:

Post a Comment