Saturday, June 8, 2013

Surgery Update

It has been a tough couple of days here at the hospital.  Piper does not want to drink or really eat still.  Looks like we will be here again.  Her swelling has gone down some which is good.  She is wanting to look at her books and play a little.  She has sores at the corners of her mouths which look like they really hurt.  They gave us a Neosporin cream that is 10 times stronger than the regular Neosporin.  Hopefully they start to heal soon.  Please pray for her to eat and drink so that we can go home.  Here are some pictures from today and then below an update/discussion I had with the doctor.




 

 
Today the doctor came in and she told me that the tissue did not look well.  It was dark which meant that the blood was getting to the tissue then stopping.  It wasn't coming back out and flowing to and from the tissue like they would like to see.  She said we can only hope that the layers underneath are doing what they need to be doing.  I started to tear up.  I said I was sorry and she had tears in her eyes.  She said I had no reason to be sorry.  She needed to apologize to me 1000's of times.  I asked her if it would ever be closed through  my tears.  She looked at me with tears in her eyes and assured me that her mouth would be healed.  She told me that she really cares about Piper and she said trust me I have had many sleepless nights over this little girl.  Lots of anxiety.  She said she had laid awake and questioned and went over the surgery again to see if there was something she could have done differently.  She always came back to that what she did in surgery was the best at that time.  I trust that she has always done what was best for Piper.  I know that some people have questioned if we are with the right doctor to have this happen a second time.  People questioned whether we should get a second opinion or not.  I know that when we first met the doctor for the first time, I had wanted to see another doctor in the practice.  His wait was pretty long and we wanted her to be evaluated sooner than later.  I prayed that God would give me a sign, peace and comfort that she would be the doctor to perform the surgery.  When we were there for the first time, she spent so much time with me and answered all of my questions.  I never felt rushed or that I couldn't ask any questions.  At the end, Piper went up to her and wanted her to pick her up.  That was what did it for me.  I knew she was the one.  Piper didn't go up to anyone like that.  The more time I spend with her, the more I know she is the right doctor.  Today proved that again.

When we were finished talking about Piper, she looked at me and said I just need to ask you.  You have 3 beautiful girls, what made you adopt?  I see parents who adopt who cannot have children, or older parents who decide to adopt later but I am curious why did you do it.  This was a moment I feel God gave me.  I was able to tell her our story and how God led us to adopt.  She just looked at me and said she is a very special little girl.  We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment